Wednesday 23 March 2011

Former student enjoying life in Greece

Ever wondered where a qualification in Travel and Tourism will get you?  Former student Dean studied Travel and Tourism at NULC and now has a successful career, which has taken him all the way to sunny Zakynthos in Greece. Here's Dean's story...

"I chose to study Travel and Tourism at Newcastle-under-Lyme College as I always wanted to travel and was interested in learning about different destinations; I also wanted to work with the public. When I picked the Travel and Tourism course I thought that it would all be about Travel but there are a lot of Business based units."



"Looking back now I am glad that the course gave me both the Travel and Tourism knowledge and the Business knowledge as I am now working as a Holiday Representative and I am responsible for a number of hotels which means running accounts for excursions and promoting the excursions. I also studied Customer Service which is really useful in my job so that I can deal with a range of customers in different situations."

"The
Travel and Tourism course was very enjoyable with friendly tutors who really helped me to achieve my potential, its hard work but very rewarding as there are many opportunities to practice what you learn in the classroom. I really enjoyed my course at Newcastle-under-Lyme College and would urge you to join if you are hardworking and want to work in Travel and Tourism."

To find out more about about studying for a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism at NULC click here or come along to our Travel and Tourism School Leaver Course Advice Event on Wednesday 4 May 2011 at 6pm.  Please click here to find out more about the Travel and Tourism event and to register your attendance.  We look forward to seeing you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment